Owner of Dean’s Cards
Every week we add thousands of cards to our Dean’s Cards inventory of vintage baseball cards, football cards, basketball cards, hockey cards, other sports cards and non-sports cards – but there is one place where you can easily find the hottest additions to our inventory. Just go to the Recently Added Cards (RAC) page, which you can find linked on the right side of our Home page.
|Our Recently Adds Cards (RAC) page shows our latest vintage cards.|
Our customers routinely tell us that are very pleased with the quality of the cards they purchase from us since we use the Grading Standards of PSA as the minimum baseline for grading the cards in our inventory. One positive aspect of Dean's Cards grading standards is that we take into account a card's "eye appeal." Other grading companies, such as PSA do not always take "eye appeal" into account when grading cards. As collectors ourselves, we tend to be a bit more critical of a card's eye appeal than the professional grading companies. Collectors who are accustomed to purchasing ungraded cards from other vendors are usually amazed at our tough grading standards.
I encourage you to visit our RAC page regularly to find the latest additions to our inventory, since many cards go quickly. Here are a few recent “Star Card” additions that may interest you:
- 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle rookie card – The card was rated by PSA as authentic, but it has been trimmed. Still, the card is a beautiful example of this highly sought card.
- 1933 Goudey Babe Ruth baseball cards – This set actually featured four Babe Ruth cards and we now have two of them available: Babe Ruth #144 and Babe Ruth #181, both graded as PSA 3.
- 1949 Leaf Joe DiMaggio baseball card -- The 1949 Leaf set was the first to be printed in color post-war and DiMaggio’s card was No. 1 in the set.
- 1950 Bowman Ted Williams baseball cards – available in PSA 3 and 5
- 1952 Bowman Willie Mays baseball card -- The 1952 Bowman Baseball cards are one of the first to feature the players' printed autographs.
- 1953 Topps Willie Mays baseball card -- The 1953 Topps baseball cards feature numerous large close-up portraits of the players.
- 1953 Topps Jackie Robinson – Card No. 1 in this popular set.
- 1955 Topps Sandy Koufax rookie card – You’ll find this card in a variety of grades.
And, of course, you can find all the latest Mickey Mantle baseball cards by visiting this special page we created to celebrate The Mick’s career in baseball cards. You'll also see a special video about Mickey Mantle baseball cards.
If you’re looking for early 20th century baseball cards, the RAC page will show you our latest additions, including T3 Turkey Red baseball cards, T206 baseball cards, T204 Ramly baseball cards, and T205 Gold border cards.
If you are a set collector, you’ll also find our latest complete sets, near complete sets, starter sets, near complete sets, and additions to sets on the RAC page. Some of the latest additions include:
- 1933 Goudey baseball cards
- 1934 Goudey baseball cards
- 1953 Topps baseball cards complete set
- 1959 Topps baseball cards complete set
- 1966 Topps baseball cards complete set
Dean Hanley, founder and owner of DeansCards.com, is considered one of the foremost experts on the subject of vintage baseball cards, other sports and non-sports cards and has a regular column in the Sports Collectors Digest and publishes articles on his blog. Dean has also written two books on vintage sports cards: The Bubble Gum Card War: The Great Bowman & Topps Sets from 1948 to 1955 and Before There Was Bubble Gum: Our Favorite Pre-World War I Baseball Cards.